Monday, June 28, 2010

snakes



Since there wasn't too much going on in the newsroom today, my editor told me to grab a video camera and go shoot something so that I could practice editing. She told me I could more or less film whatever I wanted so I started looking up events and found one that sounded cool. I went to a park to see "Reptile Man" give his presentation as part of a library program. I didn't think there would be a huge turnout, so I was surprised to see about 200 people sitting in a giant circle. I filmed the whole presentation and watched as he pulled out different lizards, snakes, a tortoise and an alligator! After he talked about each one, he invited all the kids to come touch all the animals. I'm not the biggest reptile fan, especially when it comes to snakes and lizards, but I knew I had to film them. I walked through the crowd of people and filmed kids hesitantly touching the animals and asked some of them a few questions. I interviewed the reptile man and mentioned that I had never held a snake, so of course, he grabbed one and put it in my hand. I was really scared at first, but it was actually really awesome! I pet the alligator and headed back to upload all the footage. Tomorrow I'll edit everything and post it for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment