Thursday, June 24, 2010

funny thing


This morning I got an out of the blue assignment to write the preview article for the Fathoms O' Fun festival, an annual summer festival that happens in Port Orchard. I knew absolutely nothing about it and I think I called the director 9 or 10 times today asking a million different questions, but he thankfully didn't mind. The festival has events that start tomorrow and lead up to what is supposed to be a great fireworks show for 4th of July. I had a lot of fun writing the article and learning about the festival, so I might check out some of the events this weekend. After I left for the day I stopped at Walgreens on my way home and was surprised to see my article on the newsstand. I'd seen it this morning, but seeing it outside of the office surprised me for some reason. When I came home the family was out running errands and the "other intern" as I like to think of her, even though she's actually doing an 8-week clinical rotation, asked if I wanted to have dinner with her. She's only a few years older than me and we had a good time hanging out.

festival article
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/jun/24/fathoms-parade-weekend-a-warm-up-to-fourth-of/

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gal!! I love your Blog!! All your stories are so interesting and I get teary eyed reading them!! LOL!! I am so proud of you. You are AMAZING!!! I love you so so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're reading it and I'm glad you like the stories! I'll keep them coming, haha :) don't cry! love you!

    ReplyDelete