Saturday, June 26, 2010

exploring





Today I went to look for the Poulsbo Marine Science Center. I met the aquarium director on Monday at the library program I was writing about, PMSC sponsored the touch-tank! When I finally found it I walked in and saw a way cooler, way bigger touch-tank that was filled with a bunch of different kinds of starfish. I couldn't believe that I was allowed to just pick them up, but I wasted no time rolling up my sleeves and sticking my hands in the freezing water! I was probably the oldest person at the touch-tank though, ha ha, there were lots of kids. After my starfish fix I walked around the rest of the building and watched a giant pacific octopus take a nap. He was really pretty too, it was the first time I'd seen an octopus! I liked it so much that I left with a volunteer application, so that I can hopefully play with the starfish on a regular basis. After the animals, I went to the waterfront park that I visited on my first day of work. This time I found a cool boat dock and hung out there for a while. I had fun looking at the water and the mountains at the same time, and the sun made it even better! I've been hanging at the house for a little while now. My aunt Lora called me earlier to say hi and it was fun to talk with her for a while. She told me how much she likes the blog and that she and my uncle read it every night.

2 comments:

  1. You have a large fanbase here. Leticia, my Dad, uncle Bill and I are reading your blog everyday and following your experience. We're also learning alot too! You've done alot in two weeks. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys are reading!! Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete