Tuesday, June 22, 2010

llamas



Today was another fun assignment! I went to a llama sanctuary in Seabeck with the photographer. I interviewed the founder about her 32 llamas, all the care they require, how she's got more animals than she was planning on and why she loves llamas so much. She was so nice and showed me around the land. She let me pet some of them and meet the newest baby to be born. I also took some video that should be posted online on Thursday after I "edit it to hell," as one of my advisors says. When I got back to the office I wrote up the article and started researching my next assignment. Every assignment gets more and more interesting! Anyways, while all of this is going on in Washington, there's another paper that required some attention in Texas! The Island Waves sent the second issue of the summer to press today, thanks to the wonderful editorial staff I left behind, especially Rob! I got to look at PDFs of all the pages and give things a final look before poor Rob sent the paper to press a little before 10 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. The IW paper looks great and congratulations on publishing article in spanish!

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm so glad you're reading the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete