Friday, June 11, 2010

Monster Blog!


Finally, after weeks of planning and days of driving I am in Washington, a few days away from beginning my newspaper internship! My last two weeks in Texas flew by and were full of wrapping things up at the Island Waves office, packing up my apartment, and spending as much time as possible with my friends and family. I attempted to organize the house, watched my baby sister graduate from high school, hung out with my best friends and spent time with my siblings. I am already missing lots of people very, very much. The 2,200-mile drive up here is something I'm sure I'll remember forever, with just my dad and I driving through 7 states in 3 days. We laughed about the same 5 CDs replaying over and over, about the ridiculous amount of time we'd spent in the car and about the funny people we saw on the road. Dad would say the weirdest things like, "I'll just sit here like I'm pregnant," and "You could have the IQ of a plant to write good country lyrics," while I drove. When we finally got to Washington, we met the family I'm staying with and realized that they were eerily similar to our own family. They have a million things going on in their house and have the same "go with the flow" mentality. All the nervousness I felt disappeared after only being here a few minutes. I don't start working until Monday, so I'll have the weekend to hang out with my dad before he flies back home on Sunday and explore the town I'll be spending my summer in!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you feel comfortable with your Washington family! I hope you and your dad have a great weekend and that Monday turns out to be a fantastic day for you! We miss you too Love! Proud of you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your Washington Journey an all that you will experience along the way! Have fun, be safe. I miss you Gal. I love you and am extremely PROUD of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it safely and are more relaxed with your summer fam! This will be one of the greatest experiences of your life (a part from meeting me!)

    By the way, I would really like a copy of all the quotes your dad said. I laughed a lot reading those!

    ReplyDelete