Monday, June 21, 2010

perfect assignment






Today while working on an assignment my supervisor asked if I wanted to go with the photographer and the new photography intern to a water exhibit that kicked off a summer reading program. I said yes and we were on our way. When we got there there were a bunch of tables with different things for kids. Some stations were about boat safety, others were about the journey of a water molecule, but my favorite was the touch-tank! It had a bunch of different kinds of starfish, crabs and a sea cucumber! The man in charge of it had no problem letting me touch the starfish and even let me hold a few. I was so, so excited! Starfish are probably my favorite sea creature and these ones were so different from the ones in Corpus! On the ride back to the office I got to talk with the new intern and I was so excited to have finally met someone around my age! It'll be nice to have another intern around the office for the summer. When I got home from work my article was already online, so take a peek! For the rest of the day I hung around the house again, ate some enchiladas and did the dishes. I also sent my brother and sister some lovely pictures of myself and they quickly returned with some great pictures. James also sent me a funny picture this morning and said I should post it on my blog, so it's here too. I am definitely missing both of them, so much.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/jun/21/summer-library-program-aims-to-keep-up-kids-for/

No comments:

Post a Comment