Tuesday, August 3, 2010

underwater


The assignments I love the most are the spur of the moment ones that come up at the last minute. I wasn't sitting at my desk for 10 minutes before my editor asked me to go scope out a mural that had been painted in an aquatic center's lobby. While I was checking out the mural and taking some pictures on my phone, the artist, who also teaches lessons at the center came up to me and said I could come back an hour later for an interview. I got my questions ready and got one of the photographers to come with me and talked to her about the giant mural she spent a month painting. She left no piece of wall in the lobby uncovered. All the sea creatures looked extremely accurate and it was so sweet to watch all the little kids point at the different fish while they waited for their swim lessons. I wrote the article and then called different people for my next assignment. After I left for the day I went to check out a different yoga studio than the one I normally go to. I was surprised when it was inside the woman's house, but it was still very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment