Wednesday, August 18, 2010

mom!


I was so distracted all day long knowing that my mom was on her way to Washington. In between interviewing and writing my article about rain gardens, I would log onto the Southwest Airlines website and check on my mom's flight, to see when she departed and arrived, how long until her layover took off, etc. I got to the airport around 8 p.m. and finally saw my mom a little before 9 p.m. I got out of the car to run and greet her and I cried when I hugged her, I was so happy to see her. We stopped at I-HOP for some breakfast for dinner and drove to Bremerton. I gave her a mini-tour in the dark of the newspaper office, downtown and ferry terminal and we just got back to the house. I gave a tour of that too and now we're going to sleep. She jet-lagged and I'm just tired. Tomorrow I'll work on my last few assignments and my mom will be hanging out in Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. All good things come to an end. I'm glad you'll be back in Texas soon. And so happy for you that you have someone with you on the trip back. This has been an incredible experience for you!

    ReplyDelete