Thursday, August 19, 2010

last night


This was my last full day in Washington. My mom went to check out Samudra this morning while I went to one of my last interviews. It was a 19-year-old who is leaving on Saturday to spend a year long boarding across the country! He'll travel 6,000 miles with a tent, sleeping bag, small stove, water purifier, a change of clothes and his board. It's his "push for peace" and he'll be stopping along the way to speak to politicians and at college campuses. I told him to let me know if he needed a place to stay in Texas, which he'll be in around December. He was so fun to talk to and it was cool to watch him ride carrying all of his gear in a backpack. I had lunch with mom and took her to the ferry terminal. She went to check out Seattle while I went to watch a 90-year-old woman play the piano with her band in a nursing home. She thought my name was Roberta for the longest time, but she was sweet. I joked with Meegan that we saw both ends of the spectrum of life today. I wrote the article about the piano player and put the video together. I picked mom up and we had dinner and came home to pack. I'm almost done! The picture I'm posting with this blog is an awesome view that Mark, the long boarder took me to. I was kind of bummed to find this view with so little time left to enjoy it, but I'm still glad I got to see it. I'll miss the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment