Wednesday, August 11, 2010

busy bee



This has been another one of those weeks that has gotten away from me. On Monday I went to a Norwegian dance workshop. It wasn't the most exciting thing, but it was still semi-interesting. Tuesday was much better though, I went to farm camp! A woman in Port Orchard hosts the camp in the summer and lets kids see what life on a farm is like. Her farm was so gorgeous and the kids were hilarious. Today was the first time I worked on a death-related article. Up until now I've never been in the situation where I had to write about someone passing away. The only thing I found that made it easier was that Molly passed away in January during the earthquake in Haiti. Of course, just because time has passed didn't make it any easier to talk to her dad and it won't make it any easier to talk to her brother tomorrow. But her dad was really positive and reading all about Molly in previous articles and reading her blog made it clear why. She was so young and had already accomplished so many incredible things. I feel lucky to be able to write the article about her family's recent trip to Haiti and to get to know a little bit about her through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment