Tuesday, July 6, 2010

oops





This is the longest I've gone without updating my blog. I won't let it happen again! Since my last post, Tina and I watched the 3rd of July Fireworks, which is a really funny tradition in Poulsbo. They were really pretty and we sat on some rocks right on the edge of the water to get a good view. On 4th of July I had to get up at 5 a.m. and drive back to Poulsbo to interview city workers who were cleaning up from the night before and take pictures. As I was leaving an old man came up and asked me if I was Spanish, if I spoke Spanish and then told me he needed a lady. I got out of there as fast as I could, completely creeped out and drove back to the newspaper office to write my article and captions for all the pictures. I came back and went to sleep for a little while and then Tina and I decided to spend her last day hanging out in Seattle. We road the monorail back and forth, went to Pike Place and the Seattle Aquarium. We were so tired on the ferry ride back, I even fell asleep. We got some dinner and watched as almost every house set off their own fireworks. She finished packing and at 2 a.m. I took her to the airport shuttle. Of course, I cried when she left and was so sad to see her go. Since I worked on Sunday, they said I could have Monday off, which was surprising. I cleaned up, did all my laundry, ran some errands and watched a movie. Today I had one assignment to work on but was having a hard time getting people to call me back. By the end of the day my editor had given me 4 more assignment, so now I have tons to work on! I can't believe that I'm in the 4th week of the internship. Soon it'll be a month since I left Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment