Friday, July 9, 2010

lucky lucky lucky



Today I went to cover the octopus release! I watched the aquarium director jump into the tank, coax Mr. Bob into a bucket and then watched as a volunteer lifted the bucket out of the water. While he was lowering the bucket from the top of the tank to the ground, the octopus climbed out and started crawling on the floor! It was the freakiest, but coolest thing ever! He was huge and it took 3 people to lift him back into the bucket. Amazingly, the director said there was extra room on the boat so the photographer and I put on lifejackets and climbed in. Mr. Bob poked his arms out a few times during the ride, but pretty much stayed put. When we were a few miles into the bay, the director got in the water and volunteers handed him the bucket. It took almost 15 minutes for the octopus to finally come out of the bucket and the director gave him a kiss before he let him go. It was so cool to watch him swim away. When we got back to the office I wrote the article, made all my edits and put the video together while talking to Jack and Christiana about our Alternative Spring Break plans! It was a longer day than normal but when I was walking to the car, my best friend, Emily sent me a picture of the baby her little sister had today! Her name is Avery and after seeing her tiny little face on my phone I had to stop myself from crying. I was sad I couldn't be out in the waiting room with my siblings and my best friends, but I can't wait to come home and meet her.

1 comment:

  1. aw fun i wanna see an octopus.

    p.s. i don't blog as much anymore because there is absolutely nothing going on ma'am. we can't all be going on an adventure :)

    ReplyDelete