Sunday, October 17, 2010

2-month update


I've been back in Texas for almost two months and I've missed my blog. The drive from Washington was very, very long. It felt like mom and I were driving forever, especially through Texas. I can remember how I felt driving into the neighborhood for the first time perfectly, and how anxious I was to get home. The second mom put the car in park I opened my door and ran inside where my brother was the first one to catch me. He picked me up and hugged me and I instantly started crying. Marcy hugged me next and to my surprise, started crying too. I felt completely whole when the three of us hugged together. I hugged dad next and then all of my best friends, who came over to wait for me. Seeing everyone after so long felt surreal. It was the best welcoming I could have had. We all stayed up talking about what I'd been doing and everything I'd missed. Tina's mom took all of us (Tina, Emily, Jordan, Marcy & I) to Taco Cabana and we talked and laughed and enjoyed every second of being together. That night was also the last night we'd all be together for a while. Marcy and I left for school the next day and the day after that, Jordan moved to Oregon! Life in Corpus felt like I picked up exactly where I left off. In the next few days I hugged my friends, unpacked my apartment and started classes. Since then, things have been non-stop. My days have been filled with interesting classes and working on the Island Waves and the occasional adventure. The semester is almost halfway over and it's blown my mind how quickly time has passed. Since I've been back, I've witnessed the impact being away this summer has had on me. Aside from my writing and the changes made in the newspaper, I've felt my independence increase and my hesitations disappear. Washington gave me a small taste of what I want to do with my life and I'm excited to figure out the future. I'm already looking at internships for next summer. I'm ready for another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment